Monday, July 6, 2015

Little Victories: Perfect Rules For Imperfect Living by Jason Gay : A review


This is a memoir, disguised as a self help book. Or maybe the other way around. Regardless, it's poignant, fun and funny, touching and self-effacing, which I adore in a writer because, hey, I like it when people admit they are - just like me - full of shit.
Touching on little life lessons learned along the way, Jason Gay parallels a turbulent year in his life with sound advice for all sorts of situations. I recall when my mother was dying, I was writing more, thinking more, processing the 'important stuff' and learning to let go. Tragedy often brings out your introspective, private thoughts and lets you give them to the world or get them out onto the page.
It's perfect here, in this book.  This book is what we all know that matters, but what we often need to see and hear to remember it.

So, thanks for helping me to remember. And also being short enough, with concise little chapters, to allow me to read this in the bathroom. 









*(note: this book was a free ARC received via Shelf Awareness.)


No comments:

Post a Comment