Wednesday, July 15, 2015

COMICS COMICS COMICS!

Okay I'ma just gonna do this NOW.. because there are ALOT of comics I read continuously, and a lot of beautiful graphic novels that I've read/plan to read. So, in no particular order.. here's some of my recently read/ waiting to read list. These include graphic novel stand-alones, web comics turned graphic novels, and weekly/monthly/when-have-you released comics:

Graphic Novels:

Series: Many of these have enough issues out they are collected in trades (4-6 issues per book, usually.)
These are what I've been reading or plan to very soon. This list will probably grow, once I find a spell to add 15 more hours to my day. My husband and kiddo are also partial to comics.

Some of the Chef's current favs include:
  • The Life After
  • Black Science
  • Empire/Empire Rising
  • ALL (yes..all..) X-Men (1960s-1990s currently)
  • God Hates Astronauts
  • Spawn (of course)
  • Drifter
  • Copperhead 
  • Tooth & Claw
  • Dark Engine
(there are more. Message me. Or something. I can't type anymore, my kid is being insane and my husband just went off on a comic tangent. And I'm listening to a comic Podcast. WTF?)

A few of the kiddo's favs include:
  • Amulet
  • Adventure Time
  • Feathers
  • Lumberjanes
  • Mouse Guard
  • Axe Cop 
  • Regular Show
  • Dead Boy Detective (this isn't really a children's book, but we are kinda shitty parents.)
 I'm not linking to all these, because you all know how to use The Google.

But you can look at THIS:

MARVEL AT MY SHITTY CAMERA PHONE AND FUCKED UP WOOD FLOORS! DO IT!

Okay, not really, but I just wanted to show ya'll some pics of stuff. So. There ya go.

Oh.. and if you are a bookish, super serious reader fiend and want to discount comics/graphic novels — don't. Don't do it. Go to your local comic book shop (mine happens to be Vault of Midnight, thank you guys, I love you), tell the knowledgeable, passionate staff (if it's a local comic book shop, that will be anyone who works there) what your likes and dislikes are, and they will lead you to something MAGICAL..

and down a path of an eternal money pit, because you will get subscriptions. You will find favorite artists and writers. You will buy ALL THE THINGS.

But it's okay, because it's all fucking awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment