Wednesday, July 31, 2013

High Horse

I'm beginning to think everyone else thinks I'm pretty damn egotistical as well. Apparently, the horse I sit on is kinda tall.
I've also decided that I don't need to feel bad about that.
What I know is what I know. And what I don't know, I willingly admit and I continuously try to learn. Which is the most you can ask of anyone.
Which is the most important thing you can do for yourself.
Which I do.

But-- I do a fairly horrible job of imparting that on my child. Awareness of this should make it easier.  It doesn't.

I'm working on it.

In other news..(!*&!)

I'm reading this:

 And it's fucking amazing. I bought it for hubby but it's just too damn interesting for me to relinquish right now.  Very encyclopedic, and brief on facts-but it covers a lot. Plus, the book itself is just beautiful. Pages are thick, glossy paper, beautiful plates... I love books.






Also got this:
For Chef and it's just beautiful.
















Oh. And this:  (the knife-I had the man) .  Wandering the farms and place surrounding Silver Lake Dunes was a eye-opening way to spend a Saturday.  After breathlessly sharing the amazing scenery, hidden foodstuff gems, little hole in the wall antique stores in converted houses and barns, wineries off the beaten path, and a general feeling of exhilaration with a colleague.. he tells me: "Wonderful. Welcome to your Michigan." 


Oh yeah. There you are.  Hi Michigan.

I guess I've converted entirely now. Soon, I'll be saying 'kaar' and 'baar'.   Oh jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment