Friday, August 7, 2015

Writing Exercise From Long Ago



(this is a short writing exercise someone sent me quite awhile ago..basically take 15 minutes and just write down what you believe, being honest and immediate. Here's what I came up with, and it's pretty valid, still. Still.)
 
I Believe:

  • that while my past is always with me, I am not beholden to it
  • in living a life with purpose and deliberateness
  • that money is not the goal, but it does make life easier
  •  motherhood is not the end all, be all. Love it, embrace it, but don't drown in it
  • sorrow is therapeutic
  • happiness is earned
  • my words have value-spoken or written
  • in action- I am responsible for changing what I want to change
  • in awareness of others and their intents, goals and desires. Being conscious of how you walk in the world makes the world a better place for everyone
  • in seeking out the unique, the different
  • the objects in your home should tell a story-your story, your family's story- not Target or Ikea's story
  • in doing what you can, with what you have, where you are
  • success is individually defined. There is no universal definition
  • food and drink are some of the most joyful things in this life and I do my best to respect them
  • that 'right' and 'wrong' are not black and white
  • in the power of a story. Your story, my story, everyone's story 

No comments:

Post a Comment