Thursday, August 6, 2015

Authenticity and Randomness

When I'm not writing just book reviews, I want to be honest here. (They are honest book reviews, but this is a different kind of honesty.)

I want to be open and for real and ME. I want what I write to expel all those things swirling around in my brain that I feel like are compressing me and making me shrink into myself, so much so that leaving the house is sometimes just THE WORST. There are people everywhere, ugh. Why so many people?

Something I felt the need to get on digital paper this week. There are lots of things I feel the need to write, so this post will just be all over the place. Oh well.


Vocal Fry: This is a thing. And I do it. I think. I read this and got super self-conscious about it and just had a 40 minute phone conversation with a co-worker and caught myself a number of times. Do I really care? No. I just..notice it now.. when did that happen? Have I done this always? Do I not listen to myself speak? Have I ever heard myself, really, when I talk?

I've been told I talk really fast, and I sometimes wonder if I picked up on this in order to slow myself down. Does it matter because I'm female? What do people think when girls talk like that? Is this just another misogynistic weird thing that happens in life? Ugh.


Children's Music on YouTube: Makes me want to kill myself. So. Much. But it put the baby to sleep and kept him occupied when I had to get work done.. but really, look at this shit! These graphics, these songs, the worst.
Thanks for the torture, Chu Chu TV.

Work/Life Balance: I really need to figure this out. Help?


This Vine: Made me laugh a lot, like.. too much because I'm a nerd.
https://vine.co/v/eH3AbXpXiWz


Audiobooks & Go Set A Watchman: Currently listening to Reese Witherspoon read this to me on my phone when I am out. Her voice is probably the most perfect voice for this. Slight southern accent, invokes the setting, awesome. 

But.. the book is what the book is, which we've all heard about. So. It's not really congruent, doesn't have a quite developed story, but why should it? It was a first draft of a novel, not a novel itself. A work in progress, if you will. Viewed in that light, it's an interesting historical piece to be viewed and considered with TKAM. Not as a standalone, certainly not a sequel. 

FALSE ADVERTISING, HARPERS!

Brilliant Books in Traverse City agrees, and is offering returns for any customer. 


Alright, off to work like an adult. I gotta go do adulting now.


Ta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment