Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Personal Reminder: I Don't Hate My Job

While I use the blog as a place to vent, (among other things), I do have to remind myself that I do work for a start-up, with some good friends (old and new), and at a place with a huge potential for growth.

I have to remind myself that I'm capable to do what I'm doing, that everything is a work-in-process, that maybe I wish I could make more money but I know what's in the pipeline and I understand the nature of a new company. I know that I'm not being screwed over, and that I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing unless I enjoyed the work. And the flexibility I have, my goodness. I get to work at home. Which is wonderful (but also insane). Bonus: Working in PJs.

Even though I've had my disagreements with co-workers, I have learned to speak up and we all communicate on the level, that it's okay to be vocal if you are not okay with what's going on. That any weird hangups I have working with a bunch of dudes need to go away, that I'm just as important as anyone else on our team.

I need to remember that we are all on the same page, working for the same goals, and part of the same team. And I like those bastards, damnit.

(*thanks to one of my amazing co-workers for writing up a little something that made my day better, & let me breathe.)



No comments:

Post a Comment