Friday, June 19, 2015

What We Will Do.

Yesterday was just a day of overwhelmingness. Which is not a word, but the only thing that makes sense in this situation.

My babe was sick, which is just awful because he's tiny and can't talk and just looks miserable and grumpy and makes me feel bad. It's also awful because I get irritated at sickness and sick people/things and being sick myself, and I'm a horrible person to get annoyed at a baby, right?

This was also the day I agreed to babysit one of the older one's friends, which would be totally fine w/o the sick baby. And, magically, it became the day that I ended up having a fuck ton of last minute projects to do that I totally didn't expect.

Frantically working, holding a sick baby, making lunch for little boys and ignoring the chaos that was happening in the rest of my house; I get a text from out of town friends who were only going to be in town for a few hours today, so could they stop by and see everyone?

Of course. Bring your little dogs too.

OH. And we had old neighbors and their kiddos planning to head over in the afternoon/evening.

Then the baby finally managed to actually crack my cell phone screen. And I totally have my period.

So I get on Facebook, because that's what you do when you are avoiding all the things you actually hafta do and discover all the crazy that has happened in the world in great detail.


My head hurts. My heart hurts. All the chaos of my day just compounds and then explodes and I forget why it's important, besides slight inconvenience. Who cares? I have a loving family and friends and a life, I have my life.

Facebook brings more reaction to the situation, from 'Great, now they are gonna target WHITE people!' to 'Well. More guns, of course. That's what we need. USA, USA!' to detailed, considerate commentary and realization of everything we have ignored as a whole, as a country, for years and years and years and my god.

God.

I'm getting sick and tired of this, things like this, again and again. Fuck anyone who says we are the greatest country in the world.

Address this. Think about it. Give it a voice and make intelligent solutions for our future. Then maybe we can be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment